Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Friday, May 18, 2007

#153 As Seen Through the Windshield from Mike’s Camera

As I mentioned last, I left my camera in the room when we went up the road to Whistler. I think I mentioned that the 2010 Winter Olympics will be held there.


The road is relatively narrow-two lanes most of the way.




The process of widening it is underway. It will take the rest of the remaining time to get it completed.

The scenery is absolutely beautiful as you can see.




Whistler Village is a community of mountain lodges, condos, apartments that cater to the winter sports crowd.



Ellouise and Maryann had decided that we should eat at a place called “Auntie Em’s”. They had found a recommendation for it in some guide book. Upon arrival we discovered it had been replaced by “the Beet Root Café.


Our lunch was very tasty and filling. It fortified us for the rest of the day’s adventures.

Here are some of the views of the scenery on the way back to Vancouver.





More later.

#153

1 comment:

Peter said...

Lovely photos Jack, one of my grand daughters spent a few months (about 6 I think) working at Whistler 3 years ago so I have lots of photos of the area.