Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

#154 As Seen Through the Windshield #5.1

Wednesday we scheduled a trip to Vancouver Island. It required that we rise very, very early to catch the ferry to the island. BC Ferries are one of the most effective, efficient government organizations that I have witnessed. While there are some wait times, it was still an easy trip both ways.




The ferry had quite a few amenities including an arcade, several food outlets, a Starbucks and a lounge.



I was able to go out on deck to take photos during the journey.


A native hiitch-hiker. tee hee


A highlight of our visit was Butchart Gardens. I must have taken more than 100 photos while there. The following are just some of them. These flowers are shown at the entrance as we walked from the parking lot to the entrance to the gardens.



A future posting will show a slide show of the gardens.

Thanks for stopping by.




#154

2 comments:

Peter said...

A darned good view through that windshield Jack.

Polly said...

IN 1996 a couple of weeks after my mum died, my sister ( then living in Vancouver) talked my dad into a break away to Canada. His most favoured memories were of the Butchard gardens, being a gardening tragic himself all his life. He also managed to go 'whale watching' which he said was a 'waste of time'..but had met a 'First Nations' person..and being a bigotted old bugger actually enjoyed his talk with this wise and patient man.

Thank you for bringing back memories of my dad, my sister, my mum and all the Canadians I now know.

Enjoy yourself and keep safe.