Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Friday, March 16, 2007

#117 Simplest Questions - The Messiah's Handbook

The simplest questions are the most profound.

Where were you born?
Where is your home?
Where are you going?
What are you doing?

Think about these once in a while, and watch your answers change.

It seems simple enough so I thought I would try it.

  • Philadelphia.
  • Lansing.
  • To Topeka for the afternoon.
  • Writing this posting.

Those answers are for this moment. They are literal. They are a tad bit smart-assed, but true none the less.

Pondering them for a moment might create a different response:
  • The answer remains the same-Philadelphia. That is what my birth certificate says. But what about my spiritual birth? Where was I when that occurred? Has that occurred?
  • In my heart. I have lived in a lot of abodes, but my home is where I make it. To me the best place, at the moment, is within my heart.
  • Not necessarily to a physical location, although that might be easier to answer. There are a myriad of places/spaces I enter every moment. Sometimes I stay there for hours.
  • The best that I can to improve as a serving, caring, sharing person.
These, too, will change I suspect. Time will tell. I'm already thinking that I am trying to figure out my life's mission(s) as a response to what I am doing.

Thanks to Richard Bach, Illusions, Delacorte Press, 1977.

#117

3 comments:

Bird said...

Where were you born?

hawaii
but i also was born twice in san francisco - on the days my children were born. and i was born again the day my marriage fell apart. and i am hoping i will be born again this summer as a result of some major changes.

Where is your home?
in my heart and in the faces of my children

Where are you going?
heaven or hell- i am not sure
which yet
or perhaps home

What are you doing?
writing this comment - but really, what am i doing? wondering if i will end up in heaven or hell, and wasting time, and checking in on a friend's blog that i've not visited in a while, and contemplating taking a darvocet for my aching body, and wondering if i wll snap out of my doldrums. and watching open range. and wishing i would hear the news i wish to hear on monday. and wondering if i buckle down and write that poem - of which i scribbled several lines the other day in between grading papers because i just had to.

i am doing an awful lot all in this moment.

geesh -no wonder i'm exhausted.

Jack K. said...

bird, you need to relax for a few minutes each day.

btw, are you aware of the book The Law of Attraction by Esther and Jerry Hicks? If not, you might enjoy reading it. I have gotten so much out of it and I'm only about half way through.

There are so many things in it that are reflected in my book, Things I've Stumbled Across Along the Way it's scary.

Take care and keep on flapping and swooshing.

Btw, I saw some inland terns this morning. Apparently they were here from when Kansas was under water.

Bird said...

inland terns hahaha - terns are know for taking tangents off their route - they don't operate in a linear fashion - terns do a lot of looping back and forth, moving up and down longitudal lines and across latitudes in circular and dna-ish patterns. they just can't seem to take a direct route to any where.

this is sometimes a delight as it brings unexpected vistas and new possiblities never considered and sometimes quite a problem, as it distracts the tern from her true goal. she never seems to know what is right. sigh.

of course, terns are also quite ferocious and persistent when narrowing in on a goal (for example, a juicy piece of fish). and when they are sure of their purpose, they are swift and accurate.

wow - just told you a lot, eh?

heck - i should make this a post on my blog.