Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Monday, April 14, 2008

#410 Imagine the Universe - The Messiah's Handbook

Imagine the universe beautiful and just and perfect,

Then be sure of one thing:
the IS has imagined it quite a bit better than you have.


Some may focus on how this points out the insignificance of human beings. It is easy to do that, but is it true? To some degree yes. However, there may be another bit of information that could shed some light on the issue.

Consider that the universe consists entirely of energy. Everything is energy. All that we perceive as substance is an illusion that is perpetuated by ego. In Bach's book Illusions, he discusses this. Tolle adds to the concept in A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. I recommend them both. In subsequent postings I plan to comment on some of the ideas that Tolle expresses, much as I am doing with the Messiah's Handbook.

Since all is energy, it isn't too far a stretch to assert that we are all one. Whatever we do will have some impact on everything else. To borrow from Tolle, when bad things happen, it is due to, what he terms, egoic thinking. Among the other things he posits are these three phrases:
  1. Is that so?
  2. Maybe.
  3. This, too, shall pass.
The first statement is in response to statements made that purport to be statements of fact. In truth, they may not be.

The second statement is in response to statements that predict bad or good consequences.

And, the third statement is in response to statements describing bad situations. It also can be applied to every occurrence.

So, there you have it. The Universe is perfect the way it is. Any diminution of it is strictly our mis-guided egos getting in the way. In the meantime live in the now and continue to....

Serve with integrity, care about those you serve and share the love in your heart.

Thanks to Richard Bach, Illusions, Delacorte Press, 1977.


#410

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Hmmmm...and tell me what state my ego is in...am I mis-guided?

or am I just a maybe?

(be gentle with me...I'm in a lot of pain today)...but I can take it :)

I can't wait to read Tolle's book!
I hope I'm not in for a beating!

happy day to you Jack :)
xo darlene

Jack K. said...

My day has become even better with your comment, Darlene.

You are an inspiration to us all.

Thank you for sharing your life with us and keeping in contact.

May the pain disappear completely.

Skunkfeathers said...

Good words, particularly at this time.

Karen said...

"Imagine the universe beautiful and just and perfect"

Sounds heavenly! :~)