Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

#345 "Maggie" Magellan...

is now an official member of the family. Yesterday I mentioned that among the gifts we received was a GPS device from our daughters. It isn't because we tend to get lost, but that we do travel a bit.

Today we decided it would be nice to put it to the test.
We were going to a place that had recently opened in a relatively new shopping area. We had been to a restaurant there in Spring. I wasn't sure where it was located. Maryann was responsible for setting it up for our first foray in to electronic mapping. She did a fantastic job at it. "Maggie" earned her name during the outing. "Maggie" did take us on a route that is not Maryann's favorite because of the many twists and turns. Fortunately the route was clean and dry. "Maggie" did a marvelous job and we are looking forward to many more trips with her.

In September we will be making a trip back East for the annual RMPO reunion in Augusta, GA. At that time we plan to visit friends we haven't seen in a while. We will be relying on "Maggie" to guide us there safely.
#345

5 comments:

Hale McKay said...

Ooh, "Maggie" sounds like a great gift.

I've never had the pleasure of using or being in a vehicle equipped with GPS.

Skunkfeathers said...

I've heard good things about GPS systems. They take the stress out of travel; then again, if you're like me (and be thankful you're not), a GPS would take the 'fun' out of travel, too. My theory, first evolved in my backpacking days, is a Murphy's Law travel tip: If you don't care where you're at, you're not lost.

;)

shannon said...

I'm happy to see she's already gotten a name. That is the sign that you love her!! :)

Glad she did not get you lost. I wonder if you could have asked her for an alternate route, instead of the one Mom dislikes the most?

Can't wait to "meet" her. LOL

bronxbt said...

nice!

i jes' used one of those during my last business trip!

it insulted me in a nice, young woman's voice AND told me 4x to make a left onto a one way street....

hope YOURS does better than mine did...


for personal use, i'll stick to my onstar until that account runs out.

~ B

Little Lamb said...

My father uses a GPS thingy and he has fun with it. He doesn't always go the way the GPS tells him to. It does seem to get mad at him for screwing it up. I love those things.