Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Monday, March 12, 2007

#114 Stream of consciousness...

Here it is late in the afternoon of Monday, 3/12 and I am finally able to stop, catch my breath and write a few words to the blog. I'm not sure what it will look like by the time I'm done. I hope we will all be pleased.

There is a large Black Russian within reach, I have just been able to shower after a day of physical activity and Maryann has gone off to spend some time with former colleagues. Now if I can just find Erato, things will go well. If not, then.....

The weekend was great. I finished the last two days of the real estate class. It was the second one for the year. As usual, the folks that choose to attend are fantastic. I know that not all of them will go on to get their real estate licenses and I am comfortable with that. I have come to realize that they are there for many reasons. I believe it has something to do with learning, teaching and doing. With a little bit of luck I will learn some things too. I usually do.

Margaret is doing much better. Her heart beat will never come back to it's former robustness. However, she is able to get around the facility with her wheel chair. She apparently doesn't go as far or as fast, but she does go. She is looking for the way "home".

My brother called today with some great news. He found a young web master wizard to develop a web site for him. He is quite an accomplished artist. When it gets up and operational I will feature it here and provide a link. He also reported that our mother is eating more now than she had been for a couple of weeks. She is getting a little weaker every day. I believe she is doing everything she can to go out on her terms. That too can be the topic for another posting. (Hazel just joined me and she is quite upset that I am still typing. She seems unable to get comfortable. She couldn't so she hopped down.)

Now for a recap of the day's events.
  • Bake two loaves of Pepperoni Pizza bread.
  • Move flower pots from patio to the front of the house to prepare them for this year's plantings.
  • Empty the pots and put the dead flora in the trash at the curb.
  • Wash the floor mats for both of our vehicles.
  • Set the floor mats out to dry.
  • Move the vehicles onto the driveway.
  • Move just about everything out of the garage.
  • Sweep the garage.
  • Wash down the garage.
  • Let the garage dry .
  • Wash the pots.
  • Eat lunch.
  • Check email.
  • Read some of my daily blogs.
  • Make comments on blogs.
  • Move the stuff back into the garage.
  • Wash the vehicles.
  • Move the vehicles back into the garage.
  • Treat the windows of both vehicles with RainX. (It does a great job keeping the windshield clean in the rain.)
  • Wax the Del Sol. (My brother advised me to use Ice a Turtle Wax product. It is fantastic.)
  • Wash the towels from vehicle cleaning.
  • Watch Maryann prepare a spinach/artichoke heart dip.
  • Take a shower/shampoo.
  • Check email.
  • Answer emails as required.
  • Fix a large Black Russian.
  • Get out a frozen burger patty for dinner. (I know, I should have thought of that earlier.)
  • Go online and write this missive.
In the meantime I have been listening to 181.fm through iTunes on the computer. I even moved one of the wireless speakers to the garage while working there, then moved it to the bathroom while showering. Now it is at my elbow, near the drink.

With a little luck I will also get the desk top computer back on Wednesday. They called Sunday afternoon to say it was ready.

Life is exceptionally good.

I hope that your day has been as pleasing to you as mine has been to me.


#114

9 comments:

Little Lamb said...

I had a good day too. I'm glad you did. Good days are nice. I'm taking office technology in college and I believe I have about a year of it left. After that I can look for an office job with a portfolio. I think that'll open some doors for me. I hope it does.

Peter said...

Hi Jack, I'm not breaking it down to days at the moment, the last couple of weeks have been just sensational, so I'm floating on a cloud of contentment.
As usual just when you think all is well with the world you get a reminder that somethings are not as perfect as we would hope, I got just such a reminder when I read my Sons blog this morning, he is in an unhappy state of mind which of course saddens me too.
That's life!!

Karen said...

Your weather must be a little warmer than it is here because the "clean out the garage, washing cars and moving flower pots thingy" starts here in April or May, depending on temp. (washing cars is ongoing, especially at this time of year because we live on a dirt road).

Wetland spans the back of our property and the honkers arrived yesterday... awesome!!

I love spring!! :+)

shannon said...

I'm tired just reading what all you did! :) Yesterday was spent working at one of the stores. My days off are changing and I'll do office work with a bit of covering the floor when we have people ill.

It was a great day, though!

Anonymous said...

you had me at black russian.

yer day sounds splendid, jack...

B

Jack K. said...

The weather has been unseasonably warm here of late. It should get back into the 50's later this week.

Today we drive to Lawrence to watch Penn State and KU play baseball. The temp is around 70.

Make it a great day folks.

Polly said...

What a charmed life, Jack. No wonder you are such a positive person.
Hope it is like this for you more than not.

The pepperoni pizza bread sounded delicious.

Clever man!

Hale McKay said...

Is it possible to work up a sweat just by reading a blog about work?

What a great opening - the Black Russian!

Jack K. said...

onanon, a positive life is yours for the asking.

The pepperoni pizza bread is super. It makes great grilled cheese sandwiches.

Hale, I got tired all over again just reading it. snerx.