Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

#95 You are never given a wish - The Messiah's Handbook

You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true.

You may have to work for it, however.

Another quote from The Messiah's Handbook.

I am randomly selecting these passages because that is one of the suggestions given in the use of it. The idea is to form a question and then randomly refer to the handbook for guidance to the answer. It helps if you put each of the passages on a separate 3X5 card. You can then flip through them to find the guidance you need. It also helps to shuffle the deck occasionally.

It would be great if you would reflect on this passage and comment about its meaning to you.

For me, it means, there is no such thing as a free lunch. If I want something, I can wish for it, but I will have to work for it.

I do believe that by wising for things puts it in my mind where my subliminal intelligence will help me to change my behaviors that will lead to the appropriate outcome. I am reminded of the lyrics from a Garth Brooks song. It goes something like this. One of God's greatest gifts is to not give us what we pray for.

However, the best way to get wishes to come true is to plan for its fruition. With the plan you will know how to get there. You may find that the goal isn't worth the effort. Such planning requires looking at ALL of the potential consequences. After all, life is made up of choices and consequences.

So make your wishes, assess the power you have to make it happen. Then go for it. Or, not

Thanks to Richard Bach, Illusions, Delacorte Press, 1977.

#95

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really like to wish for anything because for me it's like believing in Santa.

I too, believe in working for what I want. It just won't fall down from the heavens and right into my lap. This is not how I've gottne what I wanted out of life.

My motto... you sweat and work hard for what you want...

I have prayed for strength and forgiveness but I have never prayed for "something"

bronxbt said...

jack...
the hardest thing to do is wield that power of a wish wisely.

we can do what we want to. it's also that simple. it's always a choice. a choice to be positive, negative, on 'da fence, whatever...

i wish to be happy. the problem is that being granted that power to develop my wish into reality doesn't mean that everyone else around you is on that same bus.

not everyone's holding that same ticket, and basically, that makes this journey a real S.O.B.

but, it's a journey worth taking methinks... so i'll keep the fight going.

btw, for the record, my deck's been shuffled for YEARS....

oi vey

as always, i so appreciate your sage advice and wisdom.

B

Jack K. said...

You both should enjoy posting #96.

I may have to say more than I did there.