Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

#103 Spiritual Friendship - The Messiah's Handbook

Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.

This is taken from the Messiah's Handbook by Richard Bach. It is included in his book, Illusions., which is a must read for all on their own spiritual awakening. It is one of the many lessons presented there.

Who among us has not had that exhilarating feeling of seeing another person, a stranger, and knowing instantly that your paths have crossed for some reason? It happens to me periodically. One of the most memorable was about 30 years ago. I was a guest speaker for a college ROTC group. The tables were arranged in square configuration. As I was presenting my material, looked across the room and caught the eye of one of the young men from the class. I knew at that moment that we would have a chat upon the completion of the evening's festivities.

When the event was completed we both, immediately made an effort to visit. We discussed the phenomenon we had just experienced. It turns out that we were both at similar places in our individual spiritual growth. It was very important to us both to choose to follow-up on that experience. I am sad to say that I do not remember his name. However, I am comfortable in the knowledge that we did connect, confer, agree, validate, learn, teach, and serve each other.

I hope he went on to bigger and better things in his quest to complete his life's missions.

Thanks to Richard Bach, Illusions, Delacorte Press, 1977.


#103

8 comments:

Karen said...

"we did connect, confer, agree, validate, learn, teach, and serve each other."

Love my blogsphere buds for those very same reasons.

Thx for being my friend, Jack. :+)

bronxbt said...

i have a suspicious feeling that anyone who has met you, whether in person, jes' crossed paths or nowadays online, are destined for great things...

jes' kinda happens when we meet someone as amazing,thoughtful, and caring as you.

'guess i'd better go prepare for greatness, eh?

giggle

B

Jack K. said...

It's truly amazing and wonderful when we keep alert to the many fine folks with whom we are sharing spaceship earth.

Now if we could just get some of the real shitheads to rethink their position, life would be even better.

Thanks, folks.

Polly said...

I used to believe in friendship..but now...I feel a little burnt.
I hope I shall have new experiences in the future that reawaken that belief...
Until then Jack...
thank you for yours.

Anonymous said...

A lovely post. Friends do understand us better than anybody else in the world. I am proud to have friends who have taught me the true meaning of life and love.
Check out my blog on friendship greeting cards for some beautiful e-greeting cards and friendly tips.

Jack K. said...

onandon, true friends will not hurt you. Fake friends will do so with impunity in a misguided effort to gain or regain some sense of self-worth. You have all of the attributes of a true friend. For that I thank you and look up to you.

Emmie, thank you for your kind words. While I usually shy away from invitations to visit sites that seem commercial, I did go to your site and have bookmarked for future visits. Thank you, and come back soon.

Jack K. said...

onandon, I do love the photo you selected to represent you. Like you, it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Nice post...I would like to meet u sometime dear...and things that u have mentioned...have inspired me a lot...it was a pleasant experience on my part to read ur blog..hope u would feel the same by clicking on my blog :)