Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

#85 A varied posting

I have a minor addiction to crossword puzzles. If you doubt that, just look at the links to Fun Pages on the right. Today, in the weekly paper, the Lansing Current I was working on the puzzle when I across this clue for a three letter word--
Island sou
venir
Since many puzzle writers use foreign language clues and words, my first inclination was to think along these lines--the name of an island south of venir. Now you have probably gotten the clue already. You have to repeat it rather quickly. You remember the childhood phrase you were supposed to say very slowly and then faster and faster?

Oh
Wha
Tagoo
Siam

Try it and you will get the clue to solving the crossword puzzle clue which led to the word--lei.

Now for the more inspirational portion of the posting.

Yesterday, as we usually do, we watched the Oprah show. Her guest was Gary Zukav, who spoke about spiritual relationships. She used the theme of five words to describe your relationship as a way to understand where your relationship is spiritually. Spiritual relationships are formed to aid the other to become a more spiritual person. We can only work on ourselves. Each of us bring others to us for the lessons they can help us to learn. I have believed this prior to watching the show, so it was nice to learn there are others who have a similar view of the world.

We each decided to write our own five words, and wrote the following:

He wrote:
Loving
Helping
Caring
Challenging
Sharing

She wrote:

Fun
Interesting
Warm
Respect
Caring

I was pleased to see her list. It is quite interesting to me to learn how she viewed me. I think we have the makings of a very spiritual relationship. I just have to work more diligently to become more spiritual.

This is not a meme requiring any of you to make and/or share your own lists. I just suggest that you think about making your own lists, and sharing with that significant person.

In the meantime, continue to.....
Serve others, care about those you serve and share the love in your heart.

#85

2 comments:

shannon said...

It's nice for me to see how you two view your relationship. I've always admired your marriage. I like seeing fun at the top of Mom's list. That brings a smile to my face.

Love you both!!

Karen said...

Great lists!