Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Friday, December 01, 2006

#33 American Accent

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The South

The Midland

The Northeast

The Inland North

Boston

The West

North Central

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

This is very interesting. I was born in Philadelphia and raised in the Army. My dad and step-dad moved around a lot. We lived in the South a lot. I have been told that I can talk South-Georgia trash with the best of them. And this was from a young lady who would know.


#33


Thanks for the link
Karen

6 comments:

Karen said...

It is a fun quiz! They got me down pat as Inland North.

Funny thing is I tell everyone I don't have an accent, after all, I sound just like Charlie Gibson, Katie Couric, well, all the top newspeople! :+)

Bird said...

oh bah humbag - i refuse to accept it. i am pegged as inland north as well (no disrespect to you karen). but i was born in hawaii and raised in california - lived in CA since i was six months old - yet i sound like a wisconsian. blech. my aunt (who is a Whorible person)has a thick wisconsin accent that turns my stomach.

i'm gonna retake the dang test!

flap/flap/screech!

Bird said...

now i'm really angry. seems no matter how i anaser, ican't get close to the thing saying i'm from the west.

i take this personally. what an insult!

;)

Jack K. said...

bird, having spent some time in Hawaii, and not just for vacation. (I celebrated my twelfth birthday there.) Perhaps I can give you some pointers. Just remember the pidgin English. That should do it. In fact, I think I will try that myself. Tee hee, giggle, snerx.

Karen said...

bird...

*giggle*

Polly said...

Looks like I am from Philadelphia. Not bad for a broad Aussie sheila.
Hehehe!