Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

#678 Has anybody seen my missing hour?

I know it's around here somewhere.
The first thing I did as I became aware that I was not sleeping and dreaming was to look at the clock across the room. Hmmm, 4:14 AM. OK. It is after 2:00 AM so the time change is in effect. I know that the alarm clock is "radio controlled", and will change the time automatically. However, This particular clock/radio has an internal program that is set to make the changes based on the old rules. So I will have to change it manually today and then again when it automatically changes.
I knew all of this before going to bed. It just so happens I have a couple of wrist watches that are controlled by the atomic clock somewhere in Colorado. No problem. I'll just put the one with the internal light on the night stand next to the bed and it will automatically adjust. After all, those folks at the atomic clock place in Colorado will be able to keep up with the time control machinations of the US Congress.
You would be correct if you said that my next move was to take a look at the wrist watch on the night stand. I did. It read, 4:14 AM. Hmmmm? That's strange. I put the watch down and think about going back to sleep. No way. I check the wrist watch again. No change. It is time to do some further investigation. The clocks in the kitchen are still set for standard time. I expected that. The clock on the cable box indicates it is 5:20 AM. Since I have to make a trip to the bathroom, I check the other RC watch. It says 5:21 AM. It made the change. I look at the other RC watch and it is still on standard time. Hmmmm?
Wait a minute, I think I know what happened. I dimly recall that the watch should be placed somewhere near a window so that it can receive the signal from Colorado. Good, there is a window right behind the night stand. I vaguely recall an admonition to keep it away from other electronic devices. No problem. The clock/radio is across the room. But, wait. What is that other glow on the night stand, right next to the watch? It is the charging stand for the remote telephone. Do you think that such a device would interfere with the signal from Colorado?
We will know soon enough. I put the watches together on the bathroom counter. Maybe the older, unlighted watch will be able to influence the new one.
Maybe someone of you has had this question come up, "Why keep a watch on the bathroom counter?" Well, I have a question for you, "Don't you insure good dental hygiene by timing your tooth (teeth) brushing?" I have friends in Arkansas, so no Arkansas jokes
I'm still trying to find that lost hour. If you find it, please return it. Now, let me see if I can slip back into bed and reclaim some of the sleep I just lost. It's either that or nap during the day.
(The time of this posting is still on standard time. The watch hasn't reset yet. Yeah the clock on the computer shows DST. You figure it out.) snerx.

#678

5 comments:

Puss-in-Boots said...

Um...yeah, ok, I believe you... BTW the motivation is humour...downunder anyway...lol.

Jack K. said...

I did place the new watch on the bathroom counter. Would you believe it, it corrected the time overnight? It did. All is right with the world now. snerx.

Humour? What's that. Yeah, I know about the difference in spelling. This is just my lame effort at being humourous. (The automatic spell checker has underlined two words. You know which ones they are. Go figure.)

sewa mobil said...

nice article bro
make me laugh

sewa mobil said...

nice article bro
make me laugh

sewa mobil said...

nice article bro
make me laugh