Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

#501 Time to take the next step...

or whatever.

It seems that the days go by so quickly and there isn't much to say about them. I know I have had it up to here with political ads. They aren't even amusing anymore.

It is a sad thing to realize that we expect so much out of our leaders when we also have feet of clay. It must be easier to point to the failings of others than to endeavor to clean up our own act.

I am reminded of a psychological concept called projection, i.e., we complain about the "evil" in others that is really in us. It is easier than facing our own demons.

A couple of days ago, one of my daughters responded to an email that I might want to refresh my usual optimism. I was upset by something I had read on another blog and passed it on to her. Her response was spot on, don't get bogged down in the negative. Doing so is only counter-productive. Be concerned, but, more importantly, discover what good can come of it. Be a better man. She was absolutely correct and I thank her for her wisdom and courage.

So now it is up to me to return to the lemonade stand.

This is what I like about blogs, no matter what you say, it doesn't have to make sense to anyone else but you.

Make it a great day. Mine will be.

Serve with integrity, care about those you serve and share the love in your heart/soul.

#501

4 comments:

Skunkfeathers said...

A lot of things to be positive about, despite political ads and a crazy market right now. Like living in the still greatest nation on Earth, on a day that will be bright, sunny, and upper 70s ;)

bronxbt said...

i find that very little of what i say evah' makes sense to others.

could be why i developed all those pesky voices in my head.

heck, at times, those are some of the best conversations i have alllll day.

*giggle*

but yesh, overall, with allll the things going on in our world, it's important to take a moment, step back, and admire one's work. (that is, unless you're on a boat, near the stern... *splish!*)

Jack K. said...

Glad to know Colorado weather is so nice. That means it will probably be coming our way.

bt, internal conversations can be lots of fun. snerx.

Hale McKay said...

I try not to believe or let bother me that which I read in other people's blogs.

Imagine if someone took for granted to be the truth some of the stuff I post?

NOw THAT'S unsettling.