Wouldn't you know it, the day begins and it is colder than Billy-be-damned and a witches mammary gland combined. Thank goodness there is no snow to shovel off of the drive.
As near as I can tell, there are no plans to go anywhere today. We will stay warm and snuggly in our home. Because of a prudent and mild celebration last evening, there is no hangover whatsoever to contend with. As usual, we celebrated with one of us having a Bailey's Irish Cream and the other a tot of Kahlua on the rocks. By 10:45 PM the lights were off and one of us was gently snoring.
Watching some of the festivities as shown in the nightly news, we were not even tempted to join them. The news that the police departments of all of the surrounding communities were out in full force to catch those of us who believe we can drive well even with a buzz on, was also a reason to stay home and quietly enjoy the presence of each other.
I make no resolutions as a matter of prudence. Most of the time such pronouncements are no more than that, a promise to do something that might not get done. So, what to do? I can look forward to some things we are planning for the new year. I know some of them will get accomplished because we have already committed through reservations, to get them done. Others are a bit more tenuous.
Things that will get done:
- Riverboat cruise from Paris to the Normandy area.
- Spending time with very dear friends in France.
- Motor trip through Southern Germany.
- RMPO reunion in Augusta, GA with side trips.
- Working at least two weekends this month - the remaining schedule not set yet.
- Visit mother and brother in El Paso.
- Replace current little, red sporty car with another little, red sports car.
- Transport current little, red sporty car to new owner. (Plans to be worked out.)
- Add new essays to Things I've Stumbled Across Along the Way.
- Begin one or two new blogs, one for War Stories and one for Jane's Life.
Have a happy and prosperous new year. That's an order! lol
The coming year holds many promises