Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

#83 AMAZING! Rare Deer

This is too beautiful to keep it to myself. I am not sure where it was taken. Perhaps in Wisconsin. Enjoy the beauty of this marvelous creature.

The term "piebald," used to identify a whitetail with at least one extra splotch of white hair, has an interesting origin. "Pie" means "mixed up;" "bald" means "having a white spot." To a horseman, a "piebald" is a horse with black and white splotches; one with brown and white splotches actually is known as a "skewbald."
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CREATURE!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This is right off County Hwy O in Portage County , just north of Junction City .
This is a piebald fawn.It was my good fortune that it was young and stupid since I was able to get within 10 yards of it. It ran a few yards (Photo 6), I walked up again and took one last broadside photo before it ran into the woods".

#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#83

2 comments:

Karen said...

wow, jack, did you take these pics... awesome!

Jack K. said...

No, they came to me in an email. I just thought others might like to view them.