Serve with integrity. Care about those you serve. Share the love in your heart & soul.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

#51 Some shared thoughts.

A dear friend from some time ago sent this to me and others. It was too good not to share with others.

Last night I dreamed--blessed illusion--
that I had a beehive here
in my heart
and that
the golden bees were making
white combs and sweet honey
from my old failures.

--Antonio Machado, translated by Robert Bly


"Don't use the phone. People are never ready to answer it. Use poetry." - Allen Ginsberg

May this have as much meaning to you as it does to me, or more.


#51


2 comments:

Tom Bailey said...

I have read quite a few motivational items. I cant say I have read this one. Very interesting.

Jack K. said...

lbb, I know what you mean. We had a supply sergeant who had all kinds of sayings posted in the supply room. The one that has stuck with me since then was, "You are not completely worthless, you can always serve as a bad example."

I have been guiding my life by that ever since. Hope you find it useful too. lol